The MultiPlus, as the name suggests, is a combined inverter and charger in one elegant package. Its many features include a true sine wave inverter, adaptive charging, hybrid PowerAssist technology, plus multiple system integration features.
Two AC Outputs
The main output has no break functionality. The MultiPlus takes over the supply to the connected loads in the event of a grid failure or when shore/generator power is disconnected. This happens so fast (less than 20 milliseconds) that computers and other electronic equipment will continue to operate without disruption. The second output is live only when AC is available on the input of the MultiPlus. Loads that should not discharge the battery, like a water heater for example can be connected to this output
Virtually unlimited power thanks to parallel operation
Up to 6 Multis can operate in parallel to achieve higher power output. Six 24/5000/120 units, for example, will provide 25 kW / 30 kVA output power with 720 Amps charging capacity.
PowerControl - Dealing with limited generator, shore side or grid power
The MultiPlus is a very powerful battery charger. It will therefore draw a lot of current from the generator or shore side supply (nearly 10 A per 5 kVA Multi at 230 VAC). With the Multi Control Panel a maximum generator or shore current can be set. The MultiPlus will then take account of other AC loads and use whatever is extra for charging, thus preventing the generator or shore supply from being overloaded.
PowerAssist - Boosting the capacity of shore or generator power
This feature takes the principle of PowerControl to a further dimension. It allows the MultiPlus to supplement the capacity of the alternative source. Where peak power is so often required only for a limited period, the MultiPlus will make sure that insufficient shore or generator power is immediately compensated for by power from the battery. When the load reduces, the spare power is used to recharge the battery.
Solar energy: AC power available even during a grid failure
The MultiPlus can be used in off grid as well as grid connected PV and other alternative energy systems. Loss of mains detection software is available.
- In case of a stand-alone application, if settings have to be changed, this can be done in a matter of minutes with a DIP switch setting procedure.
- Parallel and three phase applications can be configured with VE.Bus Quick Configure and VE.Bus System Configurator software.
- Off grid, grid interactive and self-consumption applications, involving grid-tie inverters and/or MPPT Solar Chargers can be configured with Assistants (dedicated software for specific applications).
On-site Monitoring and control
Several options are available: Battery Monitor, Multi Control Panel, Ve.Net Blue Power Panel, Color Control Panel, smartphone or tablet (Bluetooth Smart), laptop or computer (USB or RS232)
Remote Monitoring and control
Victron Ethernet Remote, Victron Global Remote and the Color Control Panel. Data can be stored and displayed on our VRM (Victron Remote Management) website, free of charge.
When connected to the Ethernet, systems with a Color Control panel can be accessed remotely and settings can be changed.
- Part Number : PMP121800000
- Manufacturer : Victron Energy
- Output Wave Form : Pure Sine Wave
- Voltage (V) : 12
- Watts : 700
- Charge Current House Battery (Amps) : 35
- Input Voltage : 230V
- Charge Starter Battery (Amps) : 1
- Length (Mm) : 110
- Width (Mm) : 214
- Height Inc Terminals (Mm) : 375
- Remote Control : Optional
- UPS : Yes
- Manufactured Weight (Kg) : 10
- Frequency (Hz) : 50